I’ve been feeling some hints of fall lately, and the change of season reminds me that some of our markets will be ending in a few weeks. If you have not visited a farmers market this year, I encourage you to try one!
Sure, you can go to a whole foods store, or the natural or organic section of just about any grocery store now, to find what you need. But one thing you will probably never encounter there is the farmer—the one who nurtured your food and brought it personally to you. That’s a major highlight of buying from your local farmers market: the privilege of meeting the folks who actually grew, raised, baked or made the items you are purchasing. You can get to know your farmer, your baker, your lemonade maker. This is a tangible way of supporting your local community, of being actively involved in making it what it is.
Southern Ridge Farm participates in three local farmers markets. Murfreesboro Main Street Saturday Market and Columbia Farmers Fresh Market both run through October, and Richland Park Farmers Market is year round.
Please come by and see us, even if you don’t need yummy beef, pork, or chicken for dinner. Or seafood (how can we tempt you?). We’d like to get to know you and talk to you about why we do what we do and answer any questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you!
Delivery to Richland Park Farmers Market Coming Up!
If you have not placed your order for delivery to Richland Park Farmers Market this Saturday, September 12, please have it in by Friday morning! If you have never placed an order for delivery, it’s easy! Just visit Southern Ridge Farm online and choose from a variety of shares. Our unique feature is that you get to choose your cuts within each share. We also take pre-orders in our a la carte shop so that pickup at our booth is quick and easy.
September Delivery Schedule
- NASHVILLE, Richland Park Farmers Market: Saturday, September 12, 9 AM to Noon, 4711 Charlotte Avenue
- SPRING HILL: Thursday, September 17, 11:30 to Noon, Spring Hill City Hall
- FRANKLIN: Thursday, September 17, 1:00 to 1:30, 4140 Carothers Parkway (next to Bargain Hunt)
- MURFREESBORO, Murfreesboro Main Street Saturday Market: Saturday, September 19, 8 AM to Noon, Murfreesboro on the Square
- COLUMBIA, Columbia Farmers Market: Saturday, September 19, 8 AM to Noon, 5th St. and Riverside Drive